Our Druidry – Old Ways in New Days
• Building Pagan Community: Ar nDraiocht Fein is committed to providing public Pagan worship on a regular basis throughout the year. With trained and experienced ceremonial leaders we offer meaningful, powerful rites that can bring the Gods and Spirits closer to our souls. We keep the Eight High Days that are universal in modern Paganism, and meet for other worship regularly through the year.
• The Old Ways - Lore and Wisdom:
• Many Ways, Many Peoples: ADF calls itself a Druid organization, and that means we attract a lot of Celts... However, our ways are not limited to Celtic culture and spirituality. Local Groves may keep Celtic ways, or Norse, or Hellenic, or any other Indo-European path.
• The Way Of The Land: Our Paganism centers on the cycles of the land on which we live, and on the spirits that inhabit it. We honor the divine as present in the land on which we dwell, and our rituals give honor to the Mother of All. We do our best to honor Her in common life as well as in ceremony.
• The Way Of The Spirits: Our Druidry honors the Gods and Spirits of the Old Ways. We give our greatest worship to the Gods and Goddesses, the Eldest and Wisest who have sustained humankind from the first. We also honor our Ancestors and Forebearers, and the Spirits of the Land.
• The Way Of The Soul: Druidry is a magical religion and a mystical path - we seek to teach the spiritual techniques that allow individuals to take the reins of their own spirituality. We offer training inf meditation, ceremony and vision, leading to paths of personal initiation, devotion and vision. For those who feel the vocation we have our path for Pagan clergy.
Growing A Modern Pagan Way
• Rooted In The Old Ways: Our Druidry grows from the rich soil of real and honest scholarly research into the ways of our Pagan ancestors. While we acknowledge that there are many ways in Paganism, we don’t hold with outdated theories of universal matriarchies, Atlantean adepts, British Israelites, or many other fables. Instead we focus on the best recent scholarship about the facts of the Old Ways. • Nourished By Intuition: Our Druidry uses established (and sometimes experimental) techniques of mysticism and spiritual work to inspire and awaken the forms of ancient Paganism. Through meditation, conscious ceremony, devotion and vision we seek to make the myths and lore of the Old Ways come alive, to begin to grow again in our hearts and in the world.
• Blooming In The Real World: Our Druidry intends to manifest our work in forms that will last through time, and affect generations to come. We plan to draw on the blessing and inspiration of the Gods to build organizations, communities and, eventually, buildings that will strengthen and empower our work. The Old Gods need new homes in the modern world, and we mean to offer them. When we can pass our work on to the next generation not just in ideas but in institutions, we will have begun to succeed in this vision.
Membership: ADF is a membership organization, though our public worship is open to members and non-members alike. We are a national Pagan Druidic organization with dozens of local congregations, called Groves. Our national fellowship offers resources and networking opportunities to members, including publications, retreats and on-line resources. We also offer resources for training in a variety of spiritual skills, as well as a focused and rigorous clergy training program. Service And Outreach: ADF, and our local Groves, are committed to working in the larger community, and to supporting local Paganism. We have donated to food banks and libraries and given time, labor and paint to women’s shelters and manage wildlife sanctuaries along with many other service projects